School is out for most of the parents. Are you desperate for things to do like me? Here's a list of top ten free things to do in June
10. Pull together some old newspapers, sticks, twine and tape and make your own kite. June 15th is Fly a Kite Day!
9. Grab a friend to watch the sunset. June 21 marks the summer solstice–and the longest day of the year. When the sun finally goes down, turn off the lights and stargaze in the backyard.
8. Practice your swing and hit a few like the Masters… watch those golf balls soar. Then catch the U.S. Open on television June 15-18.
7. Baseball season is well underway and team spirit isn’t reserved just for the Major Leagues. June 11 marks the beginning of National Little League Week, started by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Go to a local little league game and root for the home team!
6. Spend some QT with your main man! June 18th is Father’s Day, so give him a call or, better yet, go visit.
5. Learn to juggle! June 17 is World Juggling Day. Pick up some items around the house such as pillows, ping pong balls or fruit and see how long you can keep them up in the air.
4. June 5 is World Environment Day! Started by the United Nations in 1972, this day is celebrated in more than 100 countries around the world. Gather your friends and clean up local waterways, streets and parks.
3. Show your patriotism and hang the old stars and stripes. June 14th marks National Flag Day! Write a letter to a soldier or a veteran showing your appreciation.
2. "Gone Fishin'." Get out the old fly rod and head to a nearby river or stream. June 4 marks the start of National Fishing Week.
1. Treat yourself on the sweetest day of the year! Friday, June 2nd is National Doughnut Day! Stop by your local participating Krispy Kreme and get a free Krispy Kreme doughnut of your choice!