Got this recently and wanted to share …
- My hands are small; please don’t expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you..
- My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely. Don’t restrict me unnecessarily.
- Housework will always be there. I’m little for only a short time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
- My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs. Don’t nag me all day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.
- I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by and disciplining me in a loving manner.
- I need your encouragement to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
- Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I’ll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
- Please don’t do things over me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me with my brother or sister.
- Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from the parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it’s a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.
- Please set a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.